The Rage Long Course Triathlon – 8 Reasons to do it
The Ironman 70.3 races are fantastic, but don’t forget about the other half iron distance events out there. The Rage half iron distance triathlon far exceeds any Ironman 70.3 that I have completed.
I have been doing The Rage Half Ironman for 2 years now and when I first did this race I thought, “This is phenomenal”. Those of you who know me understand how much I love this course. Here are my top 8 reasons why I like this course more than any Ironman 70.3.
- You don’t have to experience the frustration with all of the draft packs on the bike course.
- You can register for under $200. Register before December 31st for $170
- You don’t have to sign up for the event 10 months to a year in advance.
- You can actually complete a swim warm up before the start.
- The run is almost entirely on dirt and is very scenic.
- The hosting MC is hilarious. Your loved ones will enjoy his tongue in cheek humor.
- They limit the number of participants to ensure a quality experience for all.
- The race is on Saturday…and you are in VEGAS!!!.
This race reminds me so much of what triathlons were all about when they first started up. I prefer this race to any Ironman or Ironman 70.3 race I have done.
Every year we get more and more triathletes going up to Vegas for this race. Be sure to add The Rage to your race calendar. They also offer a Sprint and Olympic distance triathlon.
For more details, visit http://bbsctri.com/rage/