The Ironman 70.3 races are fantastic, but don’t forget about the other half iron distance events out there. The Rage half iron distance triathlon far exceeds any Ironman 70.3 that I have completed.
I have been doing The Rage Half Ironman for 2 years now and when I first did this race I thought, “This is phenomenal”. Those of you who know me understand how much I love this course. Here are my top 8 reasons why I like this course more than any Ironman 70.3.
- You don’t have to experience the frustration with all of the draft packs on the bike course.
- You can register for under $200. Register before December 31st for $170
- You don’t have to sign up for the event 10 months to a year in advance.
- You can actually complete a swim warm up before the start.
- The run is almost entirely on dirt and is very scenic.
- The hosting MC is hilarious. Your loved ones will enjoy his tongue in cheek humor.
- They limit the number of participants to ensure a quality experience for all.
- The race is on Saturday…and you are in VEGAS!!!.
This race reminds me so much of what triathlons were all about when they first started up. I prefer this race to any Ironman or Ironman 70.3 race I have done.
Every year we get more and more triathletes going up to Vegas for this race. Be sure to add The Rage to your race calendar. They also offer a Sprint and Olympic distance triathlon.
For more details, visit http://bbsctri.com/rage/